Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some words about TCS


 

These days my best pastime is exploring about TCS.
Only 10 days are remaining before I join the company. So, I am curious to have a closer look at TCS. About salary hikes, about designations, about discounts as a TCS employee.
I also heard the rumor that if a we(TCS'ers) marry among our colleagues then will be gifted Rs. 1 lakh each from TCS. But after surfing the net I found that its really a rumor and 0% truth is there in it. U can check the the truth in the comments of the post posted Here.
Now as far as hike in salary is concerned, the employees are given ratings according to their performance.
There are four bands A, B, C & D. Based on our performance we will be assigned anyone of them. Those who will be in assigned A band will enjoy the best hike in his/her salary & D band will also get salary hike but it will be less as compared to A, B & C people.
Now the tough part is, the band is based on Guassian curve. So, to get the A band we will have to work really hard. Say, if there are 10 people in a project then only 1 or 2 will be assigned A band.
Tensed!!! Don't worry this is not the end, hike in salary also depends on the designation. Right now, I will join TCS a ASE-T. After 1 yr my designation will be promoted to ASE with some obvious hike in my salary. After that I will be promoted to SE and then IT A with some good amount of hike in salary(hopefully).

In some blog I read that, After 5-6 years...if You are top performer...Continuously..if u got 5 RATING(A BAND)...u will be a Project lead..You..pay wise...will be around...9 lakhs..if u r a top performer..If u r an average performer..U may stay as a team member also..and ur package will be around..6.5 lacs...
I don't know how much truth is there in these statements but sill I am really happy after reading this. Hoping for the best :) :)
And as an employee of such a renowned brand i.e. TATA  we will certainly get good discounts in all the TATA products. Don't worry TATA is everywhere so we are going to get discounts in a wide range of products in the market. :) :)

1 comments:

  1. i got 4 rating in my final anniversary(august 2013) and in h2 i got a D band(april 2014)…my present package is 3.8..will my salary reduce?? if i get a D band again will I get terminated?? please reply as I am in deep tensed situation

    ReplyDelete